Raising and Removing Speed Restrictions Following Civil Engineering Work – “Trackback” – Annual Assessment
This annual assessment is intended to confirm the delegates’ ability to continue the duties for Raising and Removal of Speed Restrictions.
At the end of this assessment the delegates will: –
- Have demonstrated by written assessment an underpinning knowledge of the requirements of Raising and Removing Temporary Speed Restrictions
- Be able to demonstrate the practical skills associated with the Raising and Removing Temporary Speed Restrictions
One day, including both theoretical and practical assessments.
Delegates should hold the competency and have an in-depth knowledge and experience of the Permanent Way, in particular Track Geometry.
Personal Protective Equipment
This course requires the delegate to be on or near the running line, therefore, he/she MUST be in possession of: –
- Valid P. T. S. Card
- Protective “all orange” High Visibility to BS EN 471:2003
- Safety Footwear to BS EN ISO 20345:2004
- Safety Helmet (white/blue) to BS EN 397:1995
- General Purpose Gloves to BS EN388:2121
- Safety Glasses to BS EN 166 and of Optical Class 1 with Impact Resistance F
A letter of confirmation will be issued on successful completion of this assessment.