DC Conductor Rail – Recertification
This course is intended to provide a delegate with the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work safely near or adjacent to DC conductor rails.
At the end of this course the delegates will: –
- Describe the principle of the DC electrified system
- Identify the main components of the DC Conductor Rail System
- Identify hazards and risks associated with being near or adjacent to the DC conductor rail
- Describe how to cross the DC Conductor rail safely
- Describe how to transit tools and equipment safely across the DC conductor rail
- Identify defective insulated tools and equipment
- Identify hazards when working within DC isolations
- Describe the Worksafe and Emergency Response procedures.
One Day, including the assessment process.
- Valid Sentinel Card with P.T.S. Competency
- P.T.S. Logbook
Personal Protective Equipment
None required as this course is classroom based only.
This competency is valid for 2 years. A Network Rail Sentinel Track Safety card will be endorsed with DCRR for each successful candidate.